Thank you for your interest!
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. Due to the nature of the financial industry, complete honesty is an absolute requirement for working at the Credit Union. Since work at the Credit Union may involve dealing with large sums of money and with confidential information concerning our member's personal matters, it is necessary that we have employees who have integrity and will maintain the confidentiality that is required in such an environment. Any individual who does not abide by the intent of this statement will be subject to dismissal. Applications will be active for 60 days. After that period, if you wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary to reapply and fill out a new application.
Member Service Representative II in Portland, Oregon - POP II Branch - Hours 7:15am to 4:00pm
Providence is calling a full-time Member Service Representative II for a day shift opening to Providence POP II Branch in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Providence FCU competencies, compliance, regulatory and information protection requirements.
- Deepen and retain member relationships utilizing a relationship building approach to ensure the full experience cycle is achieved.
- Provide notary services with Providence FCU membership.
- Ensure all members receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional service and that member problems/complaints are resolved promptly and courteously, with follow through resolution.
- Conduct thorough interviews by completing applications and the necessary documentation for existing and new members.
- Develop new member relationships through existing member referrals by providing members with excellent service. Actively participate in all relationship management and service related activities, goals and responsibilities as requested.
- Cross train for loan processing duties, serve as backup when needed
- Work with members to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals
- Consistently achieve individual loan growth and deposit growth goals
- Interview members and non-members to obtain information for loan and new member applications and to answer questions about the process
- Explain to members the different types of loans, credit, deposit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
- Deepen member relationships by determining member needs and promoting and cross-selling credit union products and services
- Communicate loan decisions and conditions to members
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, credit union policies, and other compliance obligations
- Sign and fund loans and member deposit documents accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in required meetings and training
- Handle Member complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them
- Provide our internal and external members excellent member service
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
- Perform general secretarial tasks, typing / filing as needed
Note: Providence Federal Credit Union, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, is a separate and distinct legal entity from Providence Health and Services. Applicants for open positions at PFCU that are currently employed by Providence Health and Services are considered on the same basis as all other applicants
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
Possess two or more of the following:
- Prior credit union or financial services experience
- Accounting background
- 1 to 5 years (minimum) prior employment in a customer service position that required cash handling
- Must be bondable
- Must be registered with NMLS Federal Registry
- Complete required training on an annual basis or as needed
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Credit union or financial services experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Job Category: Member Services
Please submit your application at http://bit.ly/ProvidenceMSR2