ONLINE LOAN APPLICATION
Applying for a loan* is quick and easy at Providence Federal Credit Union. Simply fill out the application, select the loan product you're interested in and we'll take care of the rest.
Consumer Loans(Home Equity Line of Credit (NMLS ID 403517),New or Used Vehicle, Personal, Personal Line of Credit,Visa Platinum, Visa Classic, or Visa New Beginning)
Mortgage LoansNationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry Providence Federal Credit Union, NMLS ID 403517
FREE ANNUAL CREDIT REPORTS
Did you know that an amendment to the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months? By reviewing your credit report periodically you can stay on top of any unauthorized credit accounts that have been set up in your name. You will also be able to see inquiries that you did not initiate and any suspicious debts on your legitimate accounts. Yup, there are benefits to checking your credit report and they’re free. So take advantage of it.
THE WAYS TO REQUEST YOUR FREE CREDIT REPORT
The three companies are Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. They are set up as one central service through which you can order your free annual report. So, you do not need to contact each individual credit reporting agencies to get your credit reports.
You can request your free annual credit report online, by phone or by mail:
- Go to www.annualcreditreport.com which is the only authorized source for consumers to access their annual credit reports online for free.
- Call 1-877-322-8228 to request your reports.
- Complete the Annual Credit Request Form, and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA, 30348-5281.
REPORT ORDERING TIPS
- Be sure to order from the centralized agency. If you go directly to the credit reporting agencies, you will be charged unless you fit other criteria for a free report, such as: you've been denied a loan, insurance policy or job based on your credit report; you're applying for unemployment or receive public assistance; and you currently reside in a state that already offers an annual free credit report from each credit reporting agency (i.e. Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey and Vermont. Georgia residents are entitled to two free annual credit reports from each credit reporting agency).
- You will be asked to provide your name, address, Social Security Number (request that no more than the last 4-digits of your Social Security Number appear on copies of your credit report) and date of birth. To verify your identity, you may also need to provide some information that only you would know. For example, like the amount of your monthly mortgage payment.
- While you may decide to do so, you are NOT required to purchase or subscribe to any other services from a credit reporting company in order to get a free credit report.
- Consider marking your calendar to request a report from a different company every few months, as a preventative measure against ID theft, rather than ordering all three at one time.
- Be cautious of suspicious e-mails, Internet ads and telemarketing calls that promise to obtain your "free annual credit report" on your behalf. In particular, e-mail messages or Internet ads claiming to be from www.annualcreditreport.com are likely to be scams.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or we can help you in any way.
*You must be a member of Providence FCU to receive a loan. Loans are subject to credit approval. Rates are determined by an evaluation of applicant’s credit and may vary. Other restrictions may apply. Contact Credit Union for details.