Providence FCU Mobile App
Stay connected to your accounts anytime, anywhere!
- Check your account balances and make transfers
- View transactions and check images
- View, pay, cancel bills and much more
- Securely deposit checks right away with our mobile deposit
Access your accounts by simply downloading the Providence FCU mobile app onto your iPhone, iPad (iOS devices) or Android phone by going to the App store, iTunes or Google Play.*
Here are some quick tips and tricks to make sure your mobile deposits are done quickly!
Make sure you endorse the back of your checks. Digital deposits must be signed before acceptance. All checks must be made payable to account owners only and all payees must endorse the check.
“For mobile deposit PFCU only”
Make sure you write “Mobile deposit PFCU only” in the endorsement area of your check. Due to an amendment to “Regulation CC” passed by the Federal Reserve, all checks deposited through mobile deposit must contain this phrase or they may be rejected. The measure is intended to protect users from mobile check fraud.
Deposit “Accepted” vs. “Held for Review”
Watch for the message at the end of your mobile deposit session to see if your check was immediately accepted or held for review. If your deposit is held for review, wait for a response before redepositing the check. Mobile deposit uses sensitive image recognition software, and anytime it detects the slightest irregularity, it sends the image to be reviewed by a Providence FCU employee. You will receive a new email if the check was accepted or deleted.
If your deposit is immediately accepted, your balance will update within minutes. If it is held for review, Providence FCU will verify the image and notify you by email within one business day whether the deposit has been accepted or whether the deposit should be resubmitted. If you wish to check your new balance via the Providence FCU mobile app, log out and log back into your account.
Notifications are sent to the primary email address for your account. Please make sure we have up-to-date contact info so we can communicate.
File Your Checks
When you’ve made a deposit via mobile deposit, keep the check for 30 days for record-keeping purposes, and then shred it.
You may contact us by electronic mail at MobileDeposit@providencecu.org, or by telephone at 503-215-6090 if you have any questions or difficulties using this service.
Text us and we’ll instantly text you back... Promise.
- View up-to-the-minute account balances
- Access loan information
- Check to see if an item is cleared
- Unlock your Online Banking access
Follow these easy steps to register for Text Banking:
- Log In
- Select the Services Tab
- Click "TextME"
- Click "Add Device"
Text these commands after you register to check your account(s):
- PROV BAL Text SXX (or LXX) - Get a balance on your share or loan.
- PROV HIST Text SXX (or LXX) - Get transaction history on your share or loan.
- PROV NEXT Text Get the next five transactions from history (when requesting HIST).
- PROV TRAN SXX LXX 1 - Transfer $1 from SXX to LXX
- PROV LOCK Text Lock your Online Banking access.
- PROV UNLOCK Text Unlock your Online Banking access.
- PROV HOURS Text returns branch hours.
- PROV CONTACT Text returns Toll-Free Phone Number for Providence Federal Credit Union.
- PROV HELP Text get a list of available mobile text commands.
- PROV STOP Text will deactivate your mobile device from your account.
*Our app is free, but standard rates and fees may apply from your wireless carrier. App store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Standard wireless carrier data rates and fees may apply; check with your carrier for more information.
**You may be charged for text messages by your wireless carrier. Check with them for details on specific fees and charges.